Nemo Nibbles: Wente’s Open Wheel Restaurant and Saloon
Start your engines! Wente’s located in Chesterfield, MO (previous known as Gumbo Flatts) is a racing themed restaurant and the perfect valley staple for you and your pup to visit. Great for an after work dinner or a relaxing weekend meal, Wente’s has a spacious patio. This ‘hole in the wall’ has great ‘hillbilly specials’, service and a small town feel.
Nemo’s Favorite Features
- Spacious – As we have stated before, for Nemo it is important to have space. The patio is a large concrete pad with a sturdy tent over top and picnic/patio tables for seating. While the décor may be lackluster the large open space is perfect for a large dog.
- Meaty Menu – There is no dog menu but there Nemo did get to order a hot dog! While he was satisfied with his tasty lunch time treat, remember to bring your own water bowl.
Our Favorite Features
- Price & Selection – The menu provides a big selection of bar food including pizza, smoked meats and burgers with prices that you can’t complain about. As one of our cheaper options from Nemo Nibbles, this menu gives you (and your pup) the best bang for your buck.
- Relaxed Atmosphere – Since Wente’s has been around longer than the name Chesterfield, you can imagine the laid back attitude when it comes to dinning out. The atmosphere doesn’t affect service, as your food will come out fast and hot. Even if you don’t enjoy racing, the patio is the perfect place for a simple meal with your pooch.
Why is Wente’s racing themed? From their website: Mr. Wente was a legend in the United States Auto Club as Midget Car National Champion 1963, after finishing second in the standings for three consecutive seasons. He ranked second to Mel Kenyon in career USAC Midget Auto Racing Association. He progressed up to the U.S. Auto Club ranks and raced in all three championship classes – Midgets, Sprints, and Champ cars. He won the USAC Midwest Championship for Midgets in 1960, but lost the national title by 9.75 points to Jimmy Davies. In 1961, Mr. Wente was the USAC Indoor Midget Champion. He also won the Night Before the 500 Midget Car race in 1969 and again in 1976. He won the prestigious Hut Hundred in 1963. His only appearance in the Indianapolis 500 was in a car prepared by his Midget Championship-winning mechanic, Bob Higman, in 1964. Mr. Wente started 32nd and finished ninth in that Indy 500, and it remained a highlight of his driving career.
- Address: 18000 Chesterfield Airport Rd, Chesterfield, MO 63005
- Website: http://www.wentesow.com